|Deployment garbage truck fire, Ontario, Canada|
Good Day Sir,
It took a little time to get back to you as we had a garbage truck fire this morning on base at 0945 or so. As All hydraulics had been disabled, the only way in was from the top. The first crew of 2 men were in a thermo column and sprayed water which turned into intense steam; they could not get in. As your DSPA was still in the trunk of my car from last night (I meant to return it to Brian and forgot!), I saw the perfect opportunity to do my on "test drive". So, I now owe you a DSPA unit!!!!
The person who deployed it had never seen it before; so I inserted the fuse and told him what to do in 8 seconds flat. He climbed on top of the truck, dumped the DSPA in and with 15-20 seconds, the powder started to come out from the opening and smoke subsided. The operator felt the temperature dropping rapidly. After 30 seconds, he proceeded into the bin with his partner and started the overhaul in a much safer environment. The DSPA had knocked down 90% of the flames in the enclosure. The remaining 10% was at the back of the truck, away from the point of entry of the attack team. Bottom line: the garbage truck company did not loose the truck as we were able to agressively proceed with an interior attack of the contents instead of watching it burn to the ground. Thank you for leaving your demo unit with me.
Your DSPA made my day!